- Denoting antibiotics, pesticides, etc., effective against a large variety of organisms.More example sentences
- The patient was treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics, verapamil and digoxin, and oxygen, and anticoagulation was adjusted.
- He was admitted to the intensive care unit in septic shock and was treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics and vasopressors.
- In hospital, painkillers and broad-spectrum antibiotics are given to clear up the infection.
More definitions of broad-spectrumDefinition of broad-spectrum in:
- The British & World English dictionary