Definition of broadsheet in English:
1A large piece of paper printed on one side only with information; a broadside.
- Out in the wider world, public opinion stirred, especially in the cities, stimulated by the pamphlets and broadsheets which printing made possible.
- D&P has cards, flyers, a video and a broadsheet packed with useful information to be used in the campaign and to inform Canadians.
- As a young man he wrote words to popular folk airs and had them printed as broadsheets.
1.1 (also broadsheet newspaper) A newspaper with a large format regarded as more serious and less sensationalist than tabloids.
- Do you compare Radio Scotland to a broadsheet newspaper or a tabloid?
- Shortly afterwards the Guardian, a British broadsheet newspaper, published the obituary of Cohn Osman, founder of Creative Camera.
- The broadsheet newspaper's circulation advanced 3.5 per cent to an all-time high of 120,397 in the July to December period, according to the latest audited circulation figures.
Words that rhyme with broadsheettime sheet
Definition of broadsheet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia