Definition of brochette in English:
1A skewer or spit on which chunks of meat or fish are barbecued, grilled, or roasted: beef and lamb en brochette
More example sentences
- Chunks of moist chicken, bursting with taste and tenderness, are grilled on a brochette with slices of blackened onion.
- The best of the seafood dishes was a platter of monkfish and giant sea scallops, densely skewered on a rosemary brochette.
- The brochettes are very long and have a V-shaped blade in order to more easily pierce the meat.
1.1A dish of skewered meat or fish chunks, grilled or roasted.
- Just as all the appetizers are available in varied formats, the main courses of falafel or meat brochettes are served as sandwich or as a platter.
- The dish came with two brochettes, and these were something else - tender and juicy and infused with citrusy flavour.
- You know the lamb must be fresh when it's the basis for three daily dishes: soup, brochette or shoulder.
French, diminutive of broche (see broach1).
Words that rhyme with brochetteabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, coquette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, lunette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, minuet, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, pirouette, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, roulette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sett, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, sublet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
Definition of brochette in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.