- A coarse, stout leather shoe reaching to the ankle.More example sentences
- ‘No, Michigan,’ I answered, noticing a vortex, or slight swirl of the fog, forming at his black leather brogans.
- Is it possible to get Walkover brogans anywhere anymore?
- GI Joe's field boots were basically wartime versions of the rugged brogans familiar to farm labourers and other working stiffs who spent a lot of time on their feet.
mid 19th century: from Irish brógán, Scottish Gaelic brógan, literally 'small brogue'.
More definitions of broganDefinition of brogan in:
- The British & World English dictionary