- A brokerage firm that buys and sells securities on its own account as a principal before selling the securities to customers.More example sentences
- It has now requested details from large broker-dealers, transfer agents, and the 80 largest U.S. mutual-fund families on their trading practices.
- Some of the 12-1 fees may go a broker-dealer or other intermediary who helped the fund land a slot in your 401 plan.
- But if NASDAQ's lower rates prove to be enticing to broker-dealers, they could shift millions of dollars in business back to NASDAQ - and cause a world of hurt for Archipelago.
More definitions of broker-dealerDefinition of broker-dealer in:
- The British & World English dictionary