Definition of brolga in English:
A large gray Australian crane that has an elaborate courtship display that involves much leaping, wing-flapping, and trumpeting.
- Grus rubicundus, family Gruidae
- Favoured by brolgas, sarus cranes and black-necked storks, its lagoons were created from excess irrigation water.
- It's a priceless experience, as is being shown special parts of their land like the ‘Jungle’ - wetlands where flocks of brolgas, jabirus and magpie geese gather - and ‘Paradise’ - where shallow falls rage into an emerald lagoon.
- Many dances mimic the movements and behaviors of animals such as the brolga crane of the northern wetlands.
Late 19th century: from Kamilaroi burralga (also found in other Aboriginal languages).
Words that rhyme with brolgaOlga, Volga
Definition of brolga in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.