1A heated house for chicks or piglets.
- Figure 5 shows a box that can be used as a brooder house for the chicks.
- Four years ago, Arner and Handeen moved an old brooder house onto a concrete slab that once supported a granary.
- After 24 hours the chicks should be dry and ready to move to a brooder where they can be given food and water.
2A person who broods about something.
- I'm a brooder and a thinker, so doing that wasn't easy for me, but I did do it.
- The second half is loaded with these 3 A.M. smoking cigarettes-on-your-balcony brooders, and you'd think it'd get bogged down worse than a fat-farm delivery bus in a flash flood on a dirt road, but it just gets… y'know, moody.
- ‘Lately, it's really struck me a lot that I don't have to be a brooder, or so focused on golf every second, to play my best,’ he says.
Words that rhyme with brooderBarbuda, barracuda, Bermuda, Buxtehude, colluder, deluder, excluder, intruder, Judah, Luda, Neruda, obtruder, Tudor
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of brooder in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.