Definition of brooder in English:
1A heated house for chicks or piglets.
- Figure 5 shows a box that can be used as a brooder house for the chicks.
- Four years ago, Arner and Handeen moved an old brooder house onto a concrete slab that once supported a granary.
- After 24 hours the chicks should be dry and ready to move to a brooder where they can be given food and water.
2A person who broods about something.
- I'm a brooder and a thinker, so doing that wasn't easy for me, but I did do it.
- The second half is loaded with these 3 A.M. smoking cigarettes-on-your-balcony brooders, and you'd think it'd get bogged down worse than a fat-farm delivery bus in a flash flood on a dirt road, but it just gets… y'know, moody.
- ‘Lately, it's really struck me a lot that I don't have to be a brooder, or so focused on golf every second, to play my best,’ he says.
Definition of brooder in:
- British & World English dictionary