- 1The long handle of a broom.More example sentences
- Grab a very lightweight bar or broomstick.
- Andrea threw the pieces of broomstick to the floor and walked off.
- Fix up that dusty broomstick from the hall closet and use it for a besom.
- 1.1A broom (especially one made of twigs) on which, in children’s literature, witches are said to fly.More example sentences
- Last year, over dinner, I mentioned that the stereotype of witches flying on broomsticks came about because they used to make a hallucinogenic poultice from deadly nightshade.
- All manner of witch paraphernalia adorn the walls and bar - there are stained-glass witch windows and witches on broomsticks hanging from the ceilings.
- Around the cities TV and billboards sporting witches on broomsticks and wild scary false faces, dominate the run up to the first of November 1st.
More definitions of broomstickDefinition of broomstick in:
- The British & World English dictionary