Definition of brown hare in English:
A hare found commonly in much of Eurasia.
- Lepus europaeus (or capensis) , family Leporidae
- The biodiversity report lists 25 species at risk, including otters, brown hares, red squirrels, pipistrelle bats, porpoises, six varieties of dolphin and 13 types of whale.
- Ten species of waterfowl nest around the lake; kestrels and buzzards can be spotted in the woodland; and brown hares, stoats, weasels, grey and red squirrels can also be seen.
- Notable exceptions showed that white wagtails and brown hares shifted from scramble to contest competition as their food was increasingly clumped in space.
Definition of brown hare in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.