Definition of brown belt in English:
1A brown belt marking a high level of proficiency in judo, karate, or other martial arts, below that of a black belt.
- I know about your brown belt in Karate, Judo, and Tae Kwon Do.
- This is probably unrealistic, given that Razayee has only a brown belt in judo.
- Sure he'd done some karate sparring with Manda, but his skill was still on the beginner's level, unlike Manda, who had a brown belt in karate.
1.1A person qualified to wear a brown belt in martial arts.
- I'm a brown belt in Karate, Judo, and Tae Kwon Do.
- I'm beginning to sense that brown belts are the karate equivalent of World War I infantrymen.
- Victoria recalls the night they were all wrestling and Cara-Beth, a brown belt in karate, chipped one of Tiffany's teeth.
Definition of brown belt in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan