- A fungal disease causing the rotting and browning of parts of plants, in particular.
More example sentences
- ● a disease producing discoloration and shriveling of apples, pears, plums, etc. (caused by fungi of the genus Monilinia, phylum Ascomycota). ● a disease resulting in the softening and cracking of timber (caused by bracket fungi of the family Polyporaceae, class Basidiomycetes).
- Many gardeners have also found using sprays made from garlic to be very effective in helping to control plant diseases such as powdery mildew, bean anthracnose, and brown rot in almonds, apricots and peaches.
- Indeed, cracks constitute preferential entry sites for the main agents of brown rot in stone and pome fruits, both in the orchard and after harvest, throughout Europe.
- Approved for use on stone fruits and almonds to control brown rot, blossom and twig blight, and fruit brown rot.
More definitions of brown rotDefinition of brown rot in:
- The British & World English dictionary