- A savory sauce made with fat and flour cooked to a brown color.More example sentences
- Try the sliced trotter in brown sauce or the sliced beef in brown sauce.
- The emphasis is on home-made dishes: corned beef hash with Tracy's own brown sauce; sandwiches with turkey and ham cooked on the premises; soup and freshly-baked bread; quiche and more.
- It was a plate of Icelandic lobster tails and lamb served with a tomato/zucchini salsa, roasted potatoes and some brown sauce.
More definitions of brown sauceDefinition of brown sauce in:
- The British & World English dictionary