1Unrefined or partially refined sugar.
- Plus, Dan coats the chicken with a terrific rub that features cumin, brown sugar, chili powder and other flavors.
- The Barefoot Contessa's filling consists of raisins, walnuts, brown sugar and regular sugar.
- I then instructed Max to set out the special condiments that with the crêpes, such as brown sugar, powdered sugar, maple syrup, and some fresh blueberries.
1.1A consumer product made by adding molasses to white sugar.
- Refined sugar is no better or worse - actually it has dirt, microbes and other bugglies that are unfit for human consumption removed, but it is still no different to honey, brown sugar or strait molasses in the diet.
- Although most legumes have beneficial effects, canned baked beans are prepared with brown sugar or molasses, which negatively affect glucose levels.
- Butter, brown sugar, and molasses are creamed; coffee and red currant jelly blended in; and the dry mixture added.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: brown sug·ar
Definition of brown sugar in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.