(also brushback pitch)
- A pitch aimed close to the body so that the batter must step back to avoid it.More example sentences
- One of Adcock's more memorable eruptions after a brushback pitch was to chase a terrified pitcher Ruben Gomez of the San Francisco Giants off the field.
- I think the players should be allowed to take care of the brushback pitch instead of the umpires.
- The Yanks reacted with brushbacks or unhittable slop.
More definitions of brushbackDefinition of brushback in:
- The British & World English dictionary