Definition of bucketload in English:
1As much as can be held by a bucket.
- Workers in bright-yellow hard hats are beavering away, moving bucketloads of stones in wheelbarrows and trying to clear a pile of rubble with a digger.
- As the crane operator hoisted a bucketload of concrete, swung it over the roof, and boomed out toward the empty forms, the crane lost stability, tipping toward the victim.
- The last two days have been spent with regular trips down to the cellar to remove 3-10 bucketloads of water at a time, depending on how the water table was at that instant.
1.1 informal A large quantity: he scoops up business donations by the bucketload
More example sentences
- Dungeons are more than enemy spawn points; they reward players with special loot, bucketloads of experience, and story elements.
- OK, well of course we will pay you a bucketload of cash.
- This place is a slice of Madrid history and has atmosphere by the bucketload.
Definition of bucketload in:
- British & World English dictionary