Definition of bucketload in English:
1As much as can be held by a bucket.
- Workers in bright-yellow hard hats are beavering away, moving bucketloads of stones in wheelbarrows and trying to clear a pile of rubble with a digger.
- As the crane operator hoisted a bucketload of concrete, swung it over the roof, and boomed out toward the empty forms, the crane lost stability, tipping toward the victim.
- The last two days have been spent with regular trips down to the cellar to remove 3-10 bucketloads of water at a time, depending on how the water table was at that instant.
1.1 informal A large quantity: he scoops up business donations by the bucketload
More example sentences
- Dungeons are more than enemy spawn points; they reward players with special loot, bucketloads of experience, and story elements.
- OK, well of course we will pay you a bucketload of cash.
- This place is a slice of Madrid history and has atmosphere by the bucketload.
Definition of bucketload in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia