Definition of bud-graft in English:
Graft a bud of (a plant) onto another plant.
- Also, after these roses were germinated and grown for a short while, the breeder then bud grafts them onto a robust rootstock to watch their growth attributes for several years.
- Three or five apple varieties are bud-grafted onto the same tree.
- Clones of Hevea brasiliensis are normally bud-grafted on seedling rootstocks.
nounBack to top
A plant grown by grafting a bud onto another plant.
- Many citrus fruits are hybrids created through cross-pollination or through bud grafts, when root stock from one species or variety is grafted onto another to produce a new species or variety.
- It is a non-vegetative bud graft particularly suited to vines in warm climates.
- Within a week to ten days you will be able to determine if the bud graft has taken.
Definition of bud-graft in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan