noun (plural budgies)
- informal term for budgerigar.More example sentences
- Also rescued were their pet birds a cockatiel, two parrots and three budgies.
- Writing in the journal, Science, the researchers described how they applied sunscreen to the yellow crown feathers of male and female budgies to reduce their UV absorption.
- A seminar at Edinburgh University's veterinary center focuses on educating people on the correct way of interacting with highly-strung avians from macaws to budgies.
More definitions of budgieDefinition of budgie in:
- The British & World English dictionary