Entry from British & World English dictionary
- Entering a dojo and making a career of teaching budo will create a lot of parental opposition.
- Budo must always begin and end with reigi, for without reigi, budo can never be proper budo.
- He believed in the idea of self-sufficiency and the combination of budo and farming.
1.1The code on which martial arts are all based.
- It is with this hope that we establish the Budo Charter in order to uphold the fundamental principles of traditional budo.
- To understand the tradition and the philosophies that this style of karate-do represents, we must first visit the origin of budo and trace the path on which it was formed.
- But to my way of thinking, there is no doubt that budo is what forms the roots of aikido.
Japanese budō, from bu 'military' + dō 'way'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.