- 1A neutral area serving to separate hostile forces or nations.More example sentences
- Since then, UN peacekeeping troops brought to the island following intercommunal fighting in 1963 have patrolled a buffer zone separating the two communities.
- In 1975, the island was partitioned into Greek and Turkish territories separated by a UN-occupied buffer zone.
- The French troops withdrew, leaving a buffer zone separating the north and south and set up elections in order to form a government in the south.
- 1.1An area of land designated for environmental protection: oyster harvesters are not allowed in certain buffer zonesMore example sentences
- The project spans eight countries, from Mexico to Panama, and seeks to blend existing parks with buffer zones and protected corridors, creating a web of biological passages that will allow species to migrate from one area to another.
- As Bob Phelps mentioned, the size of the buffer zone separating GE and non GE crops on farms is contentious.
- The plan divides the waterway into four major sub-areas - the protection zone, buffer zone, exploitation zone and reserve zone.
More definitions of buffer zoneDefinition of buffer zone in:
- The British & World English dictionary