A correction to a bug in a computer program or system: software companies typically provide technical support and bug fixes for only a limited time
More example sentences
- A service pack generally contains many of the essential "bug fixes" that help to keep the system reasonably stable.
- OK, it's true, web distribution lets you distribute bug fixes much faster than the old days of packaged software.
- In addition to a number of bug fixes, the new version includes features which would probably be useful for a script like this.
bug fixing noun
- Example sentences
- The OS is now feature complete and all that's left is bug fixing and optimisation.
- Further development and bug fixing will continue throughout the autumn and the final version of the system will be launched at the end of December.
- Everything takes longer than expected, because the estimate didn't account for bug fixing, committee meetings, coffee breaks, and that crazy boss who interrupts all the time.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: bug fix
Definition of bug fix in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.