1Whiskey or other liquor, especially when of poor quality.
- The pallet of mail, or bug juice, or whatever it was, made it safely to its destination in the bright, southwest Asian sun the next day.
- Jim Broadbent is the bellowing RHPS training sergeant and Hugh Laurie the preening wing commander Gutsy, who likes his bug juice shaken not stirred.
- As the barkeeper produced a tumbler and a bottle he said, "You'll have three fingers of this bug juice and YOU'LL LOVE IT."
2A sweet, artificially colored, non-carbonated soft drink.
- Hot dogs and bug juice may be necessary to sustain life, but physical comforts are an essential ingredient to sustain emotional health.
- Remember bug juice, lumpy mattresses and letters home that began, ‘Dear Mom, come get me right now’?
- The mosquitoes, the swim races, the friendships, the bug juice, the postcards home.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: bug juice
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.