Definition of bugbane in English:
A tall plant with wandlike spikes of cream or yellow flowers. A member of the buttercup family, it is native to north temperate regions.
- Genus Cimicifuga, family Ranunculaceae: several species, in particular the American bugbane (C. americana) of the eastern US and the black cohosh (C. racemosa)
- Other common names for this plant are black root, bugbane, rattle root, rattle top, rattle squawroot, snake root and rattle weed.
- Wood anemones, epimediums, bugbanes, and toad lilies create intricate tapestries under flowering shrubs and trees.
- Throughout the woodlands, color can be found in late-blooming azaleas, lilies, bugbanes, hostas, and hydrangeas.
Definition of bugbane in:
- British & World English dictionary