Definition of bugloss in English:
A bristly plant of the borage family, with bright blue flowers.
- Anchusa, Lycopsis, and other genera, family Boraginaceae: several species, including the small bugloss (L. arvensis) and the widespread viper’s bugloss
- Flowers range from peonies, delphiniums, various brooms and gorses, mallows, asters and periwinkle through to buglosses, mandrake, daises, narcissi, irises and orchids.
- Viper's bugloss was introduced from Europe in colonial times.
- Common bugloss has fleshy, hairy leaves that grow smaller in size towards the top of the stem.
Definition of bugloss in:
- British & World English dictionary