- 1A structure with a roof and walls, such as a house, school, store, or factory.More example sentences
- In my view, it would be illogical and incorrect to describe these two buildings as a house.
- The few settlements we pass look grey and mean, low stone buildings with grass roofs.
- One of the plans was for the gallery and museum buildings to be turned into luxury flats.
- 2The process or business of constructing something: the building of highways [as modifier]: building materialsMore example sentences
- Modeling clay and other building materials like blocks can help children explore.
- Prior to the Civil War, New York City led the nation in steamship and engine building.
- I spent a few days at his yard, watching the process of designing and building.
- 2.1The process of creating or developing something, typically a system or situation, over a period of time: the building of democracy in GuatemalaMore example sentences
- Effective standards are the result of a consensus building process among all affected interests.
- It called for unity with other trade unions, building alliances with public sector unions across towns and cities.
- The key to Basic Fantasy Football is making smart trades and building roster value.