The purchase of goods in large amounts, typically at a discount.
- Reduce health costs through innovative ideas like bulk buying of pharmaceutical drugs, strengthen the Canada Health Act to prevent public funds from going to private, for-profit hospitals and services.
- Subsidies and bulk buying are old-school ideas.
- The bulk buying of players of the same nationality is not new, as foreign players often hunt in groups.
- Example sentences
- Only its prices will stop me from shopping there on a regular basis; a consideration that unfortunately didn't factor when we decided to bulk-buy bacon and eggs that would have been a quarter of the price at Costco.
- All she had to do was bulk-buy some Olde English 800 malt liquor, Colt 45 beer, and soda, and advertise the party.
- If Qantas wants to bulk-buy and distribute them free to its patrons, why should they not count as paid circulation?
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: bulk buy·ing
Definition of bulk buying in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.