Definition of bull kelp in English:
A very large brown seaweed found in Pacific and Antarctic waters, growing up to 165 feet (50 m) in length off the northwestern coasts of North America.
- Nereocystis and other genera, class Phaeophyceae
- On the beaches he noted black duck, grey and chestnut teal, black currawongs, blue wrens and waders feeding among bull kelp where kelp flies bred, their maggots the staple diet along the exposed coastline.
- Taking her chances in the powerful, nutrient-rich coastal currents of British Columbia, she enjoys an exhilarating sweep through a world of metre-wide starfish, titanic octopuses and giant bull kelp.
- Add finely shredded bull kelp and simmer for 15 minutes.
Definition of bull kelp in:
- British & World English dictionary