Definition of bull trout in English:
A North American trout that resembles the Dolly Varden, found in cold rivers and lakes.
- Salvelinus confluentus, family Salmonidae
- In tributaries feeding the lake, brook trout competed with young bull trout for food and in the lake, lake trout preyed on bull trout.
- While rainbows (and native Yellowstone cutthroat trout) are most susceptible to fatal whirling disease infection, brown trout and Montana's native westslope cutthroat trout, bull trout, and Arctic grayling are less so.
- Co-occurrence of Dolly Varden and bull trout in the same drainages, as well as strict sympatry, has been noted in northwestern British Columbia.
Definition of bull trout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan