Definition of bullfight in English:
A public spectacle, particularly in Spain, Portugal, and Latin America, at which a bull is baited in a highly stylized manner and then usually killed.
- No bulls are killed during the bullfights; instead, toreros show their bravery by closely engaging the animals with their ponchos, jackets, or homemade capes.
- My first idea was to breed bulls for bullfights in Spain, but then I thought: why not make wine instead?
- This out of an estimated 20,000+ bulls killed annually in bullfights throughout the country.
- Example sentences
- Then the first of three banderilleros (usually older bullfighters who form part of the matador's team) individually run towards the bull making him charge.
- Tickets prices vary considerably depending on the bullring, the bullfighters and the occasion.
- At a single gravesite in a cemetery on the northern fringe of Sevilla lie the mortal remains of three of the most successful bullfighters this century.
Words that rhyme with bullfightgunfight • firefight
Definition of bullfight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan