Definition of bullfrog in English:
A very large frog that has a deep booming croak and is often a predator of smaller vertebrates.
- Genera Rana and Pyxicephalus, family Ranidae: the North American bullfrog (R. catesbeiana), the Asian bullfrog (R. tigrina), and the African bullfrog (P. adspersus)
- In their native habitat, predators such as large water snakes, alligators, and snapping turtles keep adult bullfrogs in check, while fish slurp tadpoles.
- In southern Arizona the most common vertebrates found in bullfrogs are other bullfrogs, Schwalbe said.
- The lake behind the house was filled with tree frogs and bullfrogs and cicadas and crickets.
Definition of bullfrog in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia