adjective(also bullnosed) [attributive]
1(Of the edge of a surface) rounded.
- This table has a red cherry finish and bullnose edge.
- You can use a custom made bullnose edge, a polished square edge, wood trim, a complementary ceramic rail or cap, or a manufactured metal profile made for tile installations.
- The slab already has a bullnosed edge on the front.
1.1(Of a surface or object) having a rounded edge or edges: a bullnose tile
More example sentences
- In fact, every feature in this home is finely finished, right down to the smallest detail; even the edge of the floor that leads onto the staircase has a bullnose trim.
- I didn't remember much except her being tall with big brown eyes, and there were scones and red jam for afternoon tea in a big grey house with a bullnose verandah.
- A bullnose shape was used for the wainscoat and arches over the windows have a jack brick arch.
A rounded edge on a surface or object.
- A variety of edge details are also available, from the familiar old square edge, to a 3/4 ‘radius bullnose, to the one-piece molded drip edge frequently carried by do-it-yourself stores.’
- A material that resembled the larger granite on the original structure was used, and a bullnose was added to replicate the original ‘strong base.’
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of bullnose in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.