Definition of bullnose in English:
adjective(also bullnosed) [attributive]
1(Of the edge of a surface) rounded.
- This table has a red cherry finish and bullnose edge.
- You can use a custom made bullnose edge, a polished square edge, wood trim, a complementary ceramic rail or cap, or a manufactured metal profile made for tile installations.
- The slab already has a bullnosed edge on the front.
1.1(Of a surface or object) having a rounded edge or edges: a bullnose tile
More example sentences
- In fact, every feature in this home is finely finished, right down to the smallest detail; even the edge of the floor that leads onto the staircase has a bullnose trim.
- I didn't remember much except her being tall with big brown eyes, and there were scones and red jam for afternoon tea in a big grey house with a bullnose verandah.
- A bullnose shape was used for the wainscoat and arches over the windows have a jack brick arch.
nounBack to top
A rounded edge on a surface or object.
- A variety of edge details are also available, from the familiar old square edge, to a 3/4 ‘radius bullnose, to the one-piece molded drip edge frequently carried by do-it-yourself stores.’
- A material that resembled the larger granite on the original structure was used, and a bullnose was added to replicate the original ‘strong base.’
Definition of bullnose in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan