Definition of bullwhip in English:
A whip with a long heavy lash.
- The fictional Zorro may have defended himself with a long whip, but a bullwhip was not designed as a weapon.
- A minute and a half later, they began beating the marchers with bullwhips and nightsticks that day in 1965 on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma.
- Two thousand campesinos fought there last year under the pacifying influence of police armed with bullwhips and tear gas.
verb (bullwhips, bullwhipping, bullwhipped)[with object] Back to top
Strike or thrash with a bullwhip.
- Honestly folks, whichever one of the yellow shirts in government is responsible for this cock-up in international relations should be dragged out onto the street and bullwhipped.
- But Shim has her revenge when she dresses the stud in bra and fishnets and has her girls bullwhip him.
- The sheriff Little Bill first proposes to settle accounts by bullwhipping the perpetrators.
Definition of bullwhip in:
- British & World English dictionary