verb (bullyrags, bullyragging, bullyragged)[with object] North American • informal
- Treat (someone) in a scolding or intimidating way: he would bullyrag his staff around but then kiss up to his superiorsMore example sentences
- The members of the Board had been ballyragged around the country last year as the worst health administrators ever.
- He said afterwards that it was a bit too thick on poor old Leonora to be ballyragged any more.
- You're not going to ballyrag me and say I'm responsible.
late 18th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of bullyragDefinition of bullyrag in:
- The British & World English dictionary