Definition of bunchflower in English:
A North American plant of the lily family that is sometimes cultivated for its yellowish-green flowers.
- Melanthium virginicum, family Liliaceae
- Virginia bunchflower is known historically from wet-mesic prairie in 17 counties located primarily in west-central Illinois.
- Examples of this correspondence include mollusks on carbonate residuum, purple spurge on gneiss regolith, and cardamine, yellowood, and bunchflower on boulder fields of metasandstone.
- The preserve provides habitat for over two dozen state-listed plants, including yellow sedge, crinkled hairgrass, water avens, bunchflower, autumn willow, and green cotton-grass.
Definition of bunchflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan