- A line for restraining the loose center of a sail while it is furled.More example sentences
- Max MacLeod made the trip on the Jean de la Lune and found the experience bracing: Let go buntlines and clews!
- Reporter, Claire Moriarty, finds herself all at sea with words such as gallant, buntlines and spanker.
- Then it was clewlines and buntlines and lowering of yards as the topgallant-sails were stripped off.
More definitions of buntlineDefinition of buntline in:
- The British & World English dictionary