- An antidepressant drug (C13H18ClNO) that is also given to relieve the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. Also called Zyban ( • trademark ).More example sentences
- The antidepressant drug bupropion can help control nicotine cravings.
- Licensed primarily as an antihypertensive, clonidine shares some pharmacological effects with bupropion and tricyclic antidepressants.
- What I haven't told you is that this was also a study of a drug called bupropion, trade name Zyban, to see if it works in getting people with schizophrenia to quit.
1970s: from butane + propionic.
More definitions of bupropionDefinition of bupropion in:
- The British & World English dictionary