Definition of burdock in English:
A large herbaceous Old World plant of the daisy family. The hook-bearing flowers become woody burrs after fertilization and cling to animals' coats for seed dispersal.
- Genus Arctium, family Compositae: several species, including the large-leaved great burdock (A. lappa), which has edible roots and is used in herbal medicine
- Some of the other weeds safe for eating include chicory, burdock, purslane, Queen Anne's Lace, and sorrel.
- Oligosaccharides are present in vegetables such as Jerusalem artichokes, burdock, chicory, leeks, onions, and asparagus, and of course beans.
- Herb sources of B complex vitamins are dandelion, fenugreek, parsley, alfalfa, watercress, cayenne, burdock and sage.
Words that rhyme with burdockMurdoch
Definition of burdock in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India