- A flag bearing the colors or emblem of a sailing club, typically triangular.More example sentences
- We exchanged handmade Valentines and flew heart burgees fashioned from old sails, scraps of red cloth and old jacklines for the hoists.
- This powerboater looks forward to knowing I'll have a welcome place at the dinner table the next time I see LISCA burgees rafted up on the Sound.
- I will need that photograph of Stephen in his uniform, along with my burgee and membership card, when I sail up to the docks of other yacht clubs.
mid 18th century: perhaps from French bourgeois (see burgess) in the sense 'owner, master'.
More definitions of burgeeDefinition of burgee in:
- The British & World English dictionary