Definition of burger in English:
1 short for hamburger.
- There will be a grill area for burgers, hot dogs and fries as well as a pizza oven.
- Others had time to set up a small gas grill to cook some burgers and dogs.
- I lost a burger down the gap in the grill - the burgers weren't the best quality and fell apart very easily.
1.1 [with modifier] A particular variation of a hamburger with additional or substitute ingredients: a veggie burger
More example sentences
- It is the main ingredient in soy burgers, ice cream, milk shakes, and fake cheese.
- I tried the new smokey bar-be-que flavour chicken fillet burger form KFC on my way home on Sunday.
- After a quick perusal of the pantry and the fridge, Dawn decided on turkey burger and fries.
1930s (originally US): abbreviation.
Words that rhyme with burgerBerger, burgher
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan