- An electronic device that triggers a loud noise or other alert when someone attempts to make unauthorized entry to a building or other premises: police say the thieves are taking advantage of the homes and businesses that don’t have burglar alarmsMore example sentences
- Burglars think twice when they see a burglar alarm.
- Underground parking is also available and all apartments are wired for burglar alarms and have video intercom systems.
- Police were first on the scene after the fire set off a burglar alarm.
More definitions of burglar alarmDefinition of burglar alarm in:
- The British & World English dictionary