- The rate at which an enterprise spends money, especially venture capital, in excess of income: the corporation lays off workers to cut burn rateMore example sentences
- ‘We've cut our burn rate to compensate,’ he said.
- We are encouraging our companies to cut their burn rate and show a faster path to profitability.
- We've considered mergers to the extent that they reduce our burn rate, diminish our overhead, and create further synergies for our business model.
More definitions of burn rateDefinition of burn rate in:
- The British & World English dictionary