- see umber ( sense 1).More example sentences
- She had that psychotic grin on her face, yellow eyes all ablaze as knots of burnt umber threads fell over her shoulders and face, arms spread wide as she sat in that metal seat.
- Add 0.4g burnt umber and 0.2g Indian yellow to a mortar, and then add 10 ml gum.
- This specification covers the pigments commercially known as raw umber and burnt umber.
More definitions of burnt umberDefinition of burnt umber in:
- The British & World English dictionary