nounUS • informal
- A lightweight submachine gun.More example sentences
- He was armed with a Soviet PPSh 41 7.62 mm sub-machinegun, commonly referred to as a burp gun because of the sound it made when fired.
- He was about to reach the hatch when a hand stuck itself onto the hatch and was followed by a German with a burp gun.
- While most carried the highly lethal burp guns (Thompson and Marlin submachine guns) slung around their necks, some carried ancient muzzle-loading, fowling pieces.
More definitions of burp gunDefinition of burp gun in:
- The British & World English dictionary