Definition of burrawang in English:
1An Australian cycad with palmlike leaves and a sunken underground trunk.
- Macrozamia spiralis, family Zamiaceae
- Spotted gums with a canopy of burrawangs form the main plant community in the park.
- Up the slope of the mountain the scrub is less, and massed burrawangs hang out their fronds as if to repel the wanderer.
- In the foreground are burrawangs and beautiful native wattle in flower.
early 19th century: from Dharuk.
Definition of burrawang in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan