Definition of burrawang in English:
1An Australian cycad with palmlike leaves and a sunken underground trunk.
- Macrozamia spiralis, family Zamiaceae
- Spotted gums with a canopy of burrawangs form the main plant community in the park.
- Up the slope of the mountain the scrub is less, and massed burrawangs hang out their fronds as if to repel the wanderer.
- In the foreground are burrawangs and beautiful native wattle in flower.
Early 19th century: from Dharuk.
Definition of burrawang in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.