Definition of bursary in English:
noun (plural bursaries)
1chiefly British A scholarship to attend a college or university.
- And regardless of financial plight, many schools award bursaries or grants to the children of parents employed in the armed forces or clergy, or as teachers.
- Towards the end of this year, the Law Society of Namibia will again be looking for candidates to award bursaries for the study of law.
- Previously the bank only awarded bursaries for studies in banking and related fields, she said.
2The treasury of an institution, especially a religious one.
- My grant cheque arrived on time at the college bursary.
- The duties are varied but will include secretarial support for the College Accountant and Land Agent as well as personal assistant in the Bursary.
- There is a vacancy for a full-time Bursary Secretary/Administrator.
Definition of bursary in:
- British & World English dictionary