Definition of bursary in English:
noun (plural bursaries)
1chiefly British A scholarship to attend a college or university.
- And regardless of financial plight, many schools award bursaries or grants to the children of parents employed in the armed forces or clergy, or as teachers.
- Towards the end of this year, the Law Society of Namibia will again be looking for candidates to award bursaries for the study of law.
- Previously the bank only awarded bursaries for studies in banking and related fields, she said.
2The treasury of an institution, especially a religious one.
- My grant cheque arrived on time at the college bursary.
- The duties are varied but will include secretarial support for the College Accountant and Land Agent as well as personal assistant in the Bursary.
- There is a vacancy for a full-time Bursary Secretary/Administrator.
Definition of bursary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan