Definition of bush bean in English:
1A variety of bean plant whose bushy growth requires no support. Compare with pole bean.
- Although a bush bean cultivar was used, the plants in the high-density stand adopted a climbing growth habit.
- Choose pole beans over bush beans, and trellis them along the back of a container.
- You can grow them in smaller gardens using a more intensive method of planting them in 4 x 4 foot squares, as you would bush beans.
1.1The edible pod from the bush bean.
- Beans grow as a bush (bush bean) or as a vine (pole bean) that needs support.
- However, he says regular picking encourages fruiting in cucumbers and other vegetables, such as broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, bush beans, eggplants and squash.
- Fresh pole beans and bush beans can be stored, unwashed in plastic bags in the vegetable crisper of the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.