A small antelope with a reddish-brown coat with white markings, found in southern Africa.
- Tragelaphus scriptus, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- Across the open grasslands are scattered various members of the antelope family - horned bushbucks, waterbucks, eland, topi, gazelle and impala.
- Other animal species to look out for include impala, blue wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra, nyala, kudu, bushbuck, warthog, cheetah, hyena, jackal and giraffe.
- Shy bushbuck, kudu, eland, impala, and elephant all take their turn whilst buffalo and waterbuck make their way to the sandy banks of the Zambesi.
Definition of bushbuck in:
- The British & World English dictionary