Definition of bushing in English:
1A metal lining for a round hole, especially one in which an axle revolves.
- In one assembly, a metal disc is mounted to rotate from a motor drive shaft in a cylinder block and in contact with calibrated sample support bushings biased to contact upper and lower surfaces of the disc.
- However, engine failures due to powderized connecting rod bushings on about 2.5% of the Vipers in Switzerland suggest different conclusions.
- In use, the bushing is seated within the through hole of the fixation device at a selected angle and the fastening screw is inserted through the bore of the bushing such that its head fits in the bushing and its shaft is threaded into bone.
1.1A bearing for a revolving shaft.
- He also notes that in the lower racing series like showroom stock, a lot of durability issues are resolved on systems like brakes, bearings and bushings.
- Bearing play concerns have been alleviated with the much-increased bushing sizes.
- Other aluminum bearing applications are in heavy tooling, such as boring mills, presses, lathes, milling machines, and grinding mills, and as hydraulic pump bushings.
2A sleeve that and protects an electric cable where it passes through a panel.
- For the government model they even make the grip screws and the bushings to hold them.
- So the stress from the trailer goes just to the rear axle and the bolts and rubber bushings that connect the axle to sheet metal floor instead of a frame.
- Between the hangar and the baseplate are two bushings (sometimes called grommets).
Definition of bushing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan