(also bush tit)
A small American songbird of the long-tailed tit family, with mainly pale gray plumage and sometimes a black mask.
- Psaltriparus minimus, family Aegithalidae (formerly Paridae); formerly regarded as two species
More example sentences
- His research included classic works on quail, bushtits, Mexican and South American thrushes, New World jays, and others.
- Out of nowhere come groups of tiny gray birds, bushtits maybe, diving into the branches, their wings aflicker, as if they were slightly drunk.
- Addicott and Ervin, on the other hand, found that helping behavior in California bushtits was rare.
Definition of bushtit in:
- The British & World English dictionary