(also bush tit)
Definition of bushtit in English:
A small American songbird of the long-tailed tit family, with mainly pale gray plumage and sometimes a black mask.
- Psaltriparus minimus, family Aegithalidae (formerly Paridae); formerly regarded as two species
- His research included classic works on quail, bushtits, Mexican and South American thrushes, New World jays, and others.
- Out of nowhere come groups of tiny gray birds, bushtits maybe, diving into the branches, their wings aflicker, as if they were slightly drunk.
- Addicott and Ervin, on the other hand, found that helping behavior in California bushtits was rare.
Definition of bushtit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan