Definition of bushwalking in English:
nounchiefly Australian/New Zealand
Hiking or backpacking.
- Norma has been bushwalking for almost 15 years but she says the experience has made her rethink her safety - she'll now carry food and equipment even on the simplest of day walks.
- While summer is the perfect time to be outdoors - whether it's bushwalking at a national park or pottering around the garden - it's also the most likely time to run into a snake.
- Pioneers of bushwalking and advocates of national parks were the harbingers of an engagement with nature that at last offered respect for and restitution of the environment.
- Example sentences
- We are not experienced bushwalkers, but found the walks to be pleasant, interesting and not too long for little legs.
- Mr Coulter was found semi-conscious in his car a few hours later by bushwalkers.
- To be a good canyoneer here, you must be a great bushwalker.
Definition of bushwalking in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan