- 1In a very active way: he was busily engaged in other activitiesMore example sentences
- Imagine a country where instead of rooting out discrimination, many policy makers are busily blaming women for their disproportionate poverty.
- Over the last few decades, western civilisations have busily sown the seeds of their own destruction.
- McConnell appeared with two women MSPs, busily at work in his campaign HQ.
- 1.1While giving all one’s attention to something: he was busily writing awayMore example sentences
- We begin this week on Outcast Island, where Dylan is busily spearing fish.
- Seated in front of what had been the bar, Morgan was busily keying in on the computer.
- Behind the Irish coach, the camera pans over familiar ex-players all contributing, rather than administrators busily filling in their expenses slips.